top of page
All Saints Anglican Church
Henley Brook Western Australia
The All Saints Church in Henley Brook is the oldest church in Western Australia. It was built by Richard Edwards between 1838 and 1840 with the first service taking place on 10 January 1841.
The site is on a small hill overlooking the Swan River and near the conjunction of Swan and Ellen Brook. This site was where Captain James Stirling camped during his 1827 exploration of the area.
Richard Edwards was a Master Bricklayer - he arrived with his wife Elizabeth and family in the ship 'Hooghly' 12 February 1830.
The land was donated by Captain Irwin & Magistrate William Mackie.
Many of our pioneers are buried in the grounds of this beautiful old church.
bottom of page